Art for Beginners [S-18-6]
|Location:||SUNY: Satterlee 225|
|Classes:||8 Sessions 2.0 hours|
|Dates:||Fri 2:00 PM 03/23, 03/30, 04/06, 04/13, 04/20, 04/27, 05/04, 05/11|
|Status:||Course Update: Participants: Please check the "Art for Beginners" course page to find out what supplies you need to purchase and bring to class.
This beginning course is for those people who are new to watercolors or for those who need to build confidence in their skills.
Allyson Brosemer is a SUNY Potsdam art student. This is her first semester teaching this course.
NOTE: View needed supplies list below (a PDF version of this same list can also be at the bottom of this page - ready to print out)
MATERIALS LIST for "Art for Beginners" - from Allyson Brosemer
YOU WILL NEED:
- 5-7 brushes, rounds and flats are fine, try and get a few of each. They can vary from nylon, synthetic, horse hair, or even camel hair brushes. Can vary in sizes as well, from a 2 to a 12.
- 1 Set of Micron Pens, can range in sizes from a 01 to a 08. Nothing crazy! Three to five different sizes would work just fine.
- 1 watercolor paint set. Walmart had a Sax True Flow Set of 16 Watercolor set. Try to find a set with more than just 8 colors. A set of 16 would work. On DickBlick there was “Sargent’s Watercolor Cakes” which had ranges of a set of 16 to a set of 36.
- You may need some miscellaneous supplies such as; sharpies, pencils, paint palette, folder for handouts, a small bag to carry your supplies in, a water dish (empty plastic yogurt cups work), a rag to dry wet brushes on (old t-shirts work the best).
- Arches 10x14 Watercolor Pad, 140lbs, Hot Press, found on www.dickblick.com (pack of 12). You may also get Arches Watercolor Paper at the bookstore by the sheet, just ask and they will show you where it is! I would be more than happy to cut it down into the size we’ll need for the class. A.B.
Please feel free to bring any materials you have at home already too.